Additions with Lemel Homes
Finding space for everyone in your home when your family begins to grow or adapting to a new stage of life are but two great reasons to consider adding on to your existing home.
FIRST FLOOR ADDITION
When Lemel Homes took on the renovation of a ranch in Brookfield, the original scope included expanding the basement for the do-it-yourselfer in the home while stretching out master bedroom on the main level. After developing a plan to address these needs, the homeowners added a huge great room and mudroom above the full basement to their project.
- The upgraded scope of work added about 30 percent of living space.
- Lemel Homes was able to convert a great deal of the living area into an open concept design by redesigning the truss system and removing headers.
- A passthrough window between the kitchen and the great room was converted to a bar on the great room side, and it serves as a counter in the kitchen.
- Skylights allowed some much-needed daylight to pour into the new main level of the home.
- An exterior brick wall was left bare inside as an accent piece.
SECOND STORY ADDITION
Cara and Fred had two goals for the expansion of their home in Menomonee Falls: update the master suite and add an office. The challenge was matching these areas with the interior of the rest of the home, which recently had been rebuilt after a fire. The couple called upon Lemel Homes to design an addition to their home that would give them the space for these needs while matching a recent renovation of the rest of the house.
- Lemel Homes completed a two-story addition to the home that expanded the existing master suite and added space in the basement for an office.
- We converted the existing master bedroom into a walk-in closet after creating new space for a much larger bedroom.
- Fred’s office doubles as a music space for the couple’s son, so Lemel Homes added soundproofing to this space.
- What once was the office has been converted to a guest room for the children’s grandparents and other visitors.
- The new master suite features an open concept with large cathedral ceilings and windows that allow plenty natural light.
Expanded Garage with 2nd Story Living Space
A family in the River Hills neighborhood of Milwaukee wanted to expand their living space to a second floor, and Lemel Homes came up with the design to fill this need.
- The family wanted a larger garage that could hold three cars with living space above it, which would replace the two car garage at the end of the house off the mud room/kitchen.
- We converted the existing garage to a multipurpose room, fitting a better mud room, laundry room and bathroom in the new living space.
- Lemel Homes matched the interior and exterior finishes of the existing floors of the home to the new addition on the second level, including crown moldings and soffits.
- The addition made the home 100 feet longer